To celebrate another year of blogging, here's a cryptic crossword with themes drawn from this blog's contents. Click on the image to see a full-size pop-up.
When the puzzle is done, the red squares, read from left to right, line by line, will spell out a message.
If you haven't done a cryptic crossword, here are some hints on how to solve one.
Print out the image and the clues, and sharpen your pencil. Answers will be provided in a later post.
1. “Cry, sis,” a parishioner said unerringly to a ghost
6. Ghost hunters study things that go this in the night
8. I feel fart developing in postmortem existence
9. Partic. sixth sense
10. Like a blog post or a legal case
13. Mystic river
14. Stock index dictated the way
15. Lore and complicated British clairvoyant
17. Not the end?
19. Control lapel flower in another life
20. Sounds like Santa’s vehicle will do Buffy’s job
21. Debunking project: no beta males need apply
22. Skeptic hides in lusher meringue
1. K.C. announced sleeping prophet
2. Skeptic Asimov is a current designation
3. Boston medium and Irish exterminator
4. Randi’s alter ego?
5. His pony’s possibly a path to past lives
7. Mixed-up guerilla joins E.R. without a psychic showman
10. What 7D may do to dinnerware
11. My shrew upset by “F” from psychical researcher
12. Charles’ pie
13. Starting with D-Day there’s no place like it, and there was no one like him
14. Russell’s goal omits E.T.
16. Addled heart on physical plane
18. Declare a toast to psychic experiment